Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Progress

A friend I met on Facebook turned me to www.myfitnesspal.com, which is a great place to track what I eat, how much water I drink, and how much exercise I'm getting.  Snort, yeah right.  I'm exercising.  More on that later.

The web site is really helping me to be accountable for what I'm doing.  Since I started using it last mid-week last night, I've lost four pounds.  Love it!

Now for the exercising thing.  I went to LA Fitness today and joined.  Working for Boeing, one of our discount programs allows us to join with no initiation fee ($100 savings).  The monthly fee is $29.99 and includes lots of machines / treadmills / elliptical trainers, all classes, pool, sauna, and a hot tub.  It's  on my way home from work, and with Jim working second shift once he starts at Boeing I really have no excuse for not going to the gym. 

I was going to also look at the YMCA in Shoreline, but I realized it WAY out of the way.  When I got there, the parking was a nightmare and I kept envisioning a club full of screaming children.  No, thanks!

My jeans are getting looser, but I still can't quite wrap my mind around not being obese.  It's gonna happen, though!  I'd have to work really hard for it to not work.  Frankly that is more work than making it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment